Switch to T3 Telecom and keep your current phone number...
Local Number Portability (LNP) and Mobile Number Portability (MNP) mean that you can leave your current carrier, and move your number to another carrier, that has network in that same area code.
Suppose you have a number with Vonage, or Bell, or AT&T and you want to port it over to T3 Telecom, You can very much do so.
BEFORE YOU REQUEST THE PORTING PROCEDURE, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE:
- A scan copy of your latest invoice/statement in PDF, MS Word or as an Image file, SIGNED on a blank part. Do not sign it over any lines or graphics.
You also need to make sure the following conditions are met before requesting a porting procedure to avoid any delay or rejection:
- Make sure you provide the exact information as it appear on Customer Service Record. This is usually your Service Address. Please note that the service address CAN be different from your billing address. Billing address will usually get rejected if it's not the same as your service address. If you are not sure what the correct customer service record is, please contact your current service provider before proceeding.
- There are no outstanding disputes with your current service provider/carrier.
- The number(s) must be ACTIVE and in working order. Carriers will automatically REJECT numbers that have been disconnected or cancelled.
- The number(s) must NOT be scheduled for cancellation with the current service provider. We will NOT expedite ports. We submit all port requests in a timely manner. Porting time can take from a few days to a few weeks depending on losing carrier response time and cooperation level.
- If you request the cancellation of a port, we'll verify if the losing carrier has established a Firm Order Confirmation (FOC) day with our carrier. If there's an FOC, we will not be able to refund the fee, and an additional fee from the carrier may occur, even in the case that no FOC date has been published.
- Please take note that certain down time can be expected in some cases during the day of the transfer. Report any service issue exceeding a day after the porting date.
- Make sure you have no contract or special services from the current service provider that will block the porting of your number(s).
- If you are not sure that your number(s) meet all the conditions, please contact your current provider.
There is a one-time setup fee of US$15 (+Tax) to port your number to T3 Telecom.** Ontario and Quebec carriers take 1 week without rejection. Other carriers can take up to 4 weeks. Please note that this is the average delay to port most numbers. Service provider cooperation level, rejections, incorrect customer service records and other factors can influence the delay of your port. We'll do everything possible to port your number in a timely manner.